UK: Hain Celestial launches "unique" New Covent Garden soups
New Covent Garden Fresh Bowls are available in two variants
Hain Celestial has added to its New Covent Garden Soup Co. offering in the UK with the launch of a "new generation" of fresh soup products.
Fresh Bowls is a range of chilled soups in a "bespoke" microwaveable pack format, the company said.
The product comprises a soup base and a selection of vegetables separated from the soup by a trivet. The vegetables are cooked by the steam from the soup before the two are combined to create the completed soup dish.
"Fresh Bowls presents a unique soup-eating experience, with new levels of freshness and quality," said Nigel Parrott, marketing director for Hain Celestial's UK arm Hain Daniels. "This is truly a new generation of soup, and the launch will reinforce New Covent Garden's position as the innovator in fresh soup."
Fresh Bowls are available in two variants: Smokey Tomato & Red Pepper and Red Thai Sweet Potato & Coconut.
The range will be available in packs of four, with an RRP of GBP2.99 (US$4.71).
The CFO of Hain Celestial, Ira Lamel, has announced his retirement after 11 years with the company....
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- US performance weighs on General Mills
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"
- JBS acquires Cargill's US pork unit