UK: Hain Celestial launches "unique" New Covent Garden soups
New Covent Garden Fresh Bowls are available in two variants
Hain Celestial has added to its New Covent Garden Soup Co. offering in the UK with the launch of a "new generation" of fresh soup products.
Fresh Bowls is a range of chilled soups in a "bespoke" microwaveable pack format, the company said.
The product comprises a soup base and a selection of vegetables separated from the soup by a trivet. The vegetables are cooked by the steam from the soup before the two are combined to create the completed soup dish.
"Fresh Bowls presents a unique soup-eating experience, with new levels of freshness and quality," said Nigel Parrott, marketing director for Hain Celestial's UK arm Hain Daniels. "This is truly a new generation of soup, and the launch will reinforce New Covent Garden's position as the innovator in fresh soup."
Fresh Bowls are available in two variants: Smokey Tomato & Red Pepper and Red Thai Sweet Potato & Coconut.
The range will be available in packs of four, with an RRP of GBP2.99 (US$4.71).
The CFO of Hain Celestial, Ira Lamel, has announced his retirement after 11 years with the company....
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition