US: Hain Celestial shares rise on sales, earnings growth
- Sales up on acquisitions, rising consumption
- 9M operating profit increased to $167.7m compared to $134.6m
- FY sales expected to rise by 24%, FY earnings by 24-25%
Shares in Hain Celestial rose almost 7% in New York this morning (8 May), as the US natural and organic group booked an increase in sales and earnings.
The company said sales in the nine months to the end of March rose to US$1.57bn, up from $1.27bn in the comparable period of last year. Acquisitive Hain has driven growth through a series of acquisitions, including US firm Rudi's Organic Bakery last month and, earlier this year, UK rice supplier Tilda. Hain said its top line had also benefited from higher consumption of natural and organic products
The group also posted higher earnings. Operating profit increased to $167.7m compared to $134.6m in the year-ago period. Net income rose to $104m from $88.7m.
The group said it expects full year sales and earnings to increase by almost one-quarter.
Shares were up 6.5% to $90.72 at time of press.
Companies: Hain Celestial
Organic food and beverages are made of ingredients derived by adopting environment-friendly and animal-friendly practices that restrict the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. The Or...
Infant formulas and baby food products are specially designed for infants and toddlers. These products are easy to consume and provide for the nutritional needs of babies. Baby food products come in a...
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Brands and own-label do battle in western Europe
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez abandons Hershey pursuit
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Samworth buys Euphorium bakery in UK
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues