US: Hain Celestial shares rise on sales, earnings growth
- Sales up on acquisitions, rising consumption
- 9M operating profit increased to $167.7m compared to $134.6m
- FY sales expected to rise by 24%, FY earnings by 24-25%
Shares in Hain Celestial rose almost 7% in New York this morning (8 May), as the US natural and organic group booked an increase in sales and earnings.
The company said sales in the nine months to the end of March rose to US$1.57bn, up from $1.27bn in the comparable period of last year. Acquisitive Hain has driven growth through a series of acquisitions, including US firm Rudi's Organic Bakery last month and, earlier this year, UK rice supplier Tilda. Hain said its top line had also benefited from higher consumption of natural and organic products
The group also posted higher earnings. Operating profit increased to $167.7m compared to $134.6m in the year-ago period. Net income rose to $104m from $88.7m.
The group said it expects full year sales and earnings to increase by almost one-quarter.
Shares were up 6.5% to $90.72 at time of press.
Companies: Hain Celestial
The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (HAIN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been c...
Baby Food in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profi...
According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), coeliac disease – an allergic reaction to gluten – affects approximately one in 141 people of the US population. The disease is marked by an inabil...
About the Soy Food Market
Soy food products, such as tofu and soy milk, have been consumed as traditional foods in Asia. With a rise in awareness of the health benefits of soy food, it has gained...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)