US: Hain Celestial to offload UK own-label ready meals unit
Several "strategic parties" have expressed an interest in acquiring the own-label chilled ready meals unit, Hain Celestial said.
The business is now being reported as a discontinued operations. Its sales were not included in the company's third-quarter results, which were announced yesterday (3 May). During quarter, the division's net sales were US$21m and operating income reached $94,000.
Hain Celestial's third-quarter results included "record" net income of $24.1m, up from $16.8m the year before. The company also announced its acquisition of Irish soup firm Cully & Sully.
The CFO of Hain Celestial, Ira Lamel, has announced his retirement after 11 years with the company....
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes