US: Hain Celestial to offload UK own-label ready meals unit
Several "strategic parties" have expressed an interest in acquiring the own-label chilled ready meals unit, Hain Celestial said.
The business is now being reported as a discontinued operations. Its sales were not included in the company's third-quarter results, which were announced yesterday (3 May). During quarter, the division's net sales were US$21m and operating income reached $94,000.
Hain Celestial's third-quarter results included "record" net income of $24.1m, up from $16.8m the year before. The company also announced its acquisition of Irish soup firm Cully & Sully.
The CFO of Hain Celestial, Ira Lamel, has announced his retirement after 11 years with the company....
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- 2015 preview: Consumer trends that will shape NPD
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- UPDATE: Nestle ice cream sale a "local" decision
- Pork Farms "disappointed" over Kerry deal ruling
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm