US: Hain Celestial to offload UK own-label ready meals unit
Several "strategic parties" have expressed an interest in acquiring the own-label chilled ready meals unit, Hain Celestial said.
The business is now being reported as a discontinued operations. Its sales were not included in the company's third-quarter results, which were announced yesterday (3 May). During quarter, the division's net sales were US$21m and operating income reached $94,000.
Hain Celestial's third-quarter results included "record" net income of $24.1m, up from $16.8m the year before. The company also announced its acquisition of Irish soup firm Cully & Sully.
The CFO of Hain Celestial, Ira Lamel, has announced his retirement after 11 years with the company....
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen
- Mengniu grows sales but net profit slips