US: Hain Celestial to offload UK own-label ready meals unit
Several "strategic parties" have expressed an interest in acquiring the own-label chilled ready meals unit, Hain Celestial said.
The business is now being reported as a discontinued operations. Its sales were not included in the company's third-quarter results, which were announced yesterday (3 May). During quarter, the division's net sales were US$21m and operating income reached $94,000.
Hain Celestial's third-quarter results included "record" net income of $24.1m, up from $16.8m the year before. The company also announced its acquisition of Irish soup firm Cully & Sully.
The CFO of Hain Celestial, Ira Lamel, has announced his retirement after 11 years with the company....
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Timeline: Latest on battle over Chiquita