US: Hain Celestial to offload UK own-label ready meals unit
Several "strategic parties" have expressed an interest in acquiring the own-label chilled ready meals unit, Hain Celestial said.
The business is now being reported as a discontinued operations. Its sales were not included in the company's third-quarter results, which were announced yesterday (3 May). During quarter, the division's net sales were US$21m and operating income reached $94,000.
Hain Celestial's third-quarter results included "record" net income of $24.1m, up from $16.8m the year before. The company also announced its acquisition of Irish soup firm Cully & Sully.
The CFO of Hain Celestial, Ira Lamel, has announced his retirement after 11 years with the company....
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details