UK/US/SINGAPORE: Hain linked to Daniels Group sale
Daniels Group, which produces New Covent Garden Co. soup, may be sold to Hains Celestial
Last week, Singapore Airport Terminal Services (SATS), the owner of Daniels Group, which produces the New Covent Garden Soup Co. range, confirmed it was in negotiations to sell the company.
On Friday (7 October), Sky News said Hain Celestial was in "detailed talks" to buy Daniels Group.
A spokesperson for Hain Celestial today (10 October) declined to confirm or deny the report. "It's not out policy to comment on rumours," she said.
Daniels Group is being sold for approximately GBP150m (US$233m) by SATS, although the company said it would keep hold of the firm if a sale does not materialise.
A sign that a branded food market is maturing is the growth of niches and demand for certified-organic products in China is starting to rise. However, as Mark Godfrey reports from Beijing and the sout...
Hain Celestial has started to sell yoghurts under its Almond Dream brand in the US as it continues to target consumers intolerant to dairy products. ...
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review