VIETNAM: Hanoimilk posts Q1 loss, lower sales
Hanoimilk has posted lower sales in Q1 and another loss
Vietnamese dairy firm Hanoimilk has reported a loss for the first quarter of 2014, as well as a drop in sales year-on-year.
Hanoimilk posted a net loss of VND18.05bn (US$84m), versus a VND18.3bn loss for the same period last year.
It also posted an operating loss of VND18.27bn, against a VND18.29bn last year.
A fall in the cost of goods sold helped Hanoimilk's profitability amid lower sales.
Net sales dropped to VND39bn in the first three months of the year, compared to VND41bn in the opening quarter of 2013.
For 2013 as a whole, Hanoimilk saw sales and profits rise. Net sales were up 6.4% at VND246.37bn. Net profit hit VND3.03bn, up from VND1.22bn in 2012.
Hanoimilk competes in Vietnam's growing dairy sector with companies including Vinamilk, the industry's largest player, and Dutch giant FrieslandCampina.
Click here for the full income statement.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Arla expands in Egypt with Juhayna JV
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor buy"