VIETNAM: Hanoimilk posts Q1 loss, lower sales
Hanoimilk has posted lower sales in Q1 and another loss
Vietnamese dairy firm Hanoimilk has reported a loss for the first quarter of 2014, as well as a drop in sales year-on-year.
Hanoimilk posted a net loss of VND18.05bn (US$84m), versus a VND18.3bn loss for the same period last year.
It also posted an operating loss of VND18.27bn, against a VND18.29bn last year.
A fall in the cost of goods sold helped Hanoimilk's profitability amid lower sales.
Net sales dropped to VND39bn in the first three months of the year, compared to VND41bn in the opening quarter of 2013.
For 2013 as a whole, Hanoimilk saw sales and profits rise. Net sales were up 6.4% at VND246.37bn. Net profit hit VND3.03bn, up from VND1.22bn in 2012.
Hanoimilk competes in Vietnam's growing dairy sector with companies including Vinamilk, the industry's largest player, and Dutch giant FrieslandCampina.
Click here for the full income statement.
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019