USA: Harris Teeter issues product recall
Harris Teeter is issuing a product recall on Harris Teeter chocolate ice cream in 1/2 gallon containers.The product may contain peanuts which are undeclared on the label. Peanuts have been identified as a known allergen. People who have an allergy to peanuts run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction.No illnesses have been reported.Consumers who have purchased Harris Teeter chocolate ice cream with UPC code #7203643011 in a 64 oz. container should return the product to their nearest store for a full refund. Customers with questions should call Harris Teeter's Customer Relations line at 1-800-432-6111.Harris Teeter, Inc., with headquarters in Matthews, N.C., is a subsidiary of Ruddick Corporation (NYSE: RDK). Harris Teeter is ranked as one of the top 50 largest supermarkets in the United States with 1999 sales of $2.26 billion. The grocery store chain employs more than 17,000 people and has 156 stores in North and South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"