AUS: Hart sells 20% stake in Goodman Fielder
Goodman Fielder has received confirmation that Burns, Philp and Company has today (19 October) sold its entire stake in the Australian food group's issued capital at A$2.12 per share.
Burns, Philp and Company held almost 20% of the company's listed capital.
Goodman Fielder was spun off from Burns, Philp & Co Ltd - an investment company owned by New Zealand's richest man Graeme Hart - and listed in Australia in December 2005 in a $2.1 billion float.
The news follows the suspension of trading in the company's share yesterday pending an announcement.
Goodman Fielder is one of Australasia's leading listed food companies. Its brands include Meadow Lea, Praise, White Wings, Pampas, Mighty Soft, Helga's, Wonder White, Vogel's (under licence), Meadow Fresh, and Irvines.
Analysts believe that the sales is unlikely to put Goodman Fielder into play as a takeover target in the near future.
"The sale opens up the register ... but I wouldn't have thought that sort of takeover activity was on the immediate horizon,'' one analyst was quoted saying in the local press.
Companies: Goodman Fielder
National Foods has asked the Australian competition watchdog whether it has concerns over the company potentially buying Dairy Farmers....
Tesco, the UK retail giant, has taken centre stage this week with speculation over its interest in Russia and India - and its decision to call a halt to the roll-out of its stores in the US....
Goodman Fielder, the Australia-based food maker, has reportedly dropped out of the bidding for Dairy Farmers....
Australian food group Goodman Fielder is to buy local biscuit maker Paradise Food Industries from private equity group Archer Capital....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review