USA: Harvest States Foods breaks ground on Newton, NC processing facility
Harvest States Foods (HSF), a national provider of tortillas and Mexican food products, has started work on at the site of its new 100,000ft² tortilla processing facility in Newton, NC.
The plant, which is strategically located to supply to produce and supply corn and flour tortillas and tortilla chips for retail and foodservice customers along the eastern seaboard, is intended to replace two existing Catawba County plants located about 60 miles from Charlotte.
Senior VP Jim Tibbetts explained: "Expanding in North Carolina holds tremendous opportunity, both for HSF and for our customers.
"It's about economic development and it's about growth."
Initially, the plant will operate two shifts and employ more than 70 management, administrative and production personnel. A third shift will be added later. Estimated completion is July 2003.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail