UK: Organics: harvesting rewards (COMMENT)
Figures released by The Soil Association, the UK's main body promoting organic food and organic farming, indicate that sales of organic produce grew by 10% over the past year. Sales of organic food now amount to £1.12bn (US$2.07bn) a year and are growing by £2m a week. This growth rate is twice as high as that of the overall grocery sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK