UK: Haskins highlights threat of milk rationing if FMD continues
Lord Haskins, chairman of Northern Foods, has warned that emergency milk rationing may be introduced in the next few months, unless the government acts now to vaccinate the nation's dairy herds against foot and mouth disease. The current number of confirmed cases is approaching 800. Of the 55 million livestock in the UK 764,319 have been identified for slaughter and 481,909 have already been slaughtered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China