UK: Haskins highlights threat of milk rationing if FMD continues
Lord Haskins, chairman of Northern Foods, has warned that emergency milk rationing may be introduced in the next few months, unless the government acts now to vaccinate the nation's dairy herds against foot and mouth disease. The current number of confirmed cases is approaching 800. Of the 55 million livestock in the UK 764,319 have been identified for slaughter and 481,909 have already been slaughtered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery