USA: H.E. Butt selects QRS Catalog Data Services for U.P.C. content and more
QRS Corporation (Nasdaq: QRSI), a leading worldwide provider of collaborative business-to business e-commerce solutions for the retail industry, announced today that H.E. Butt Grocery Company, San Antonio, Texas, has chosen QRS to deliver grocery and consumer packaged goods product data including NutriFacts, ingredients, product attributes and high-resolution images with its QRS Catalog Data Services and Digital Photography Services. QRS Catalog Services will deliver updated product data from suppliers to H.E. Butt."For more than 12 years the retail industry has relied on QRS to collect, maintain and deliver accurate and up-to-date information," said Jerry Campbell, vice president and general manager of content services for QRS."Capturing this amount and type of data themselves would have cost H.E. Butt millions of dollars. By QRS taking an innovative approach to data acquisition, we are delivering accurate data and high-quality images for a fraction of that cost."In order to expedite the process of capturing the data, the QRS Digital Photography Group worked on site at an H.E. Butt store, eliminating the need for H.E. Butt to collect and ship sample products to a remote studio for photographing. QRS photographed nearly every product in the store and captured product data from the packages at a rate of 1,000 SKUs a day.Product data includes up to 250 associated attributes, such as ingredients, NutriFacts, dietary descriptions, container type, recycle type, religious approvals and consumer package information. The QRS Enabling Services team worked with H.E. Butt suppliers to gather and cleanse data such as weight, size and other relevant information. Data is delivered within 72 hours via QRS Catalog Data Services. QRS Catalog Data Services are:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report