CANADA: Health Canada launches campaign to boost awareness of folic acid
The Honourable Anne McLellan, Minister of Health, has launched a national campaign to raise awareness of the benefits of folic acid to help prevent birth defects. The campaign highlights the importance of folic acid in preventing neural tube defects. These birth defects include abnormalities of the spine, brain or skull that occur if a part of the developing fetus called the neural tube, fails to close properly in early pregnancy. Spina bifida is the most common neural tube defect. About 260 babies are born in Canada each year with a neural tube defect.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund