CANADA: Health hazard alert - Matjes herring fillets in oil may contain dangerous bacteria
OTTAWA - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers not to consume Matjes Herring Fillets in Oil, packed by Yorkfish Co. located in North York, Ontario. This product may contain Clostridium botulinum bacteria. The Matjes Herring Fillets in Oil is sold in 4.5 kg pails to retail stores in Toronto and Windsor, Ontario only. Consumers purchasing herring which is packaged at the retail store level are encouraged to check the source of the product with their retailer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund