CANADA: Health hazard alert - Matjes herring fillets in oil may contain dangerous bacteria
OTTAWA - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers not to consume Matjes Herring Fillets in Oil, packed by Yorkfish Co. located in North York, Ontario. This product may contain Clostridium botulinum bacteria. The Matjes Herring Fillets in Oil is sold in 4.5 kg pails to retail stores in Toronto and Windsor, Ontario only. Consumers purchasing herring which is packaged at the retail store level are encouraged to check the source of the product with their retailer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw