CANADA: Health hazard alert - Matjes herring fillets in oil may contain dangerous bacteria
OTTAWA - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers not to consume Matjes Herring Fillets in Oil, packed by Yorkfish Co. located in North York, Ontario. This product may contain Clostridium botulinum bacteria. The Matjes Herring Fillets in Oil is sold in 4.5 kg pails to retail stores in Toronto and Windsor, Ontario only. Consumers purchasing herring which is packaged at the retail store level are encouraged to check the source of the product with their retailer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk