CANADA: Health hazard alert - Matjes herring fillets in oil may contain dangerous bacteria
OTTAWA - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers not to consume Matjes Herring Fillets in Oil, packed by Yorkfish Co. located in North York, Ontario. This product may contain Clostridium botulinum bacteria. The Matjes Herring Fillets in Oil is sold in 4.5 kg pails to retail stores in Toronto and Windsor, Ontario only. Consumers purchasing herring which is packaged at the retail store level are encouraged to check the source of the product with their retailer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO