USA: Health warning hits raw sprouts
US federal health experts at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention warned last week that young children, the elderly and consumers with weak immune systems should avoid eating raw sprouts. The warning came after the completion of an investigation into an outbreak of a rare form of salmonella across California, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico last year, which was found to be due to consumption of raw alfalfa sprouts from a single producer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery