USA: Health warning hits raw sprouts
US federal health experts at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention warned last week that young children, the elderly and consumers with weak immune systems should avoid eating raw sprouts. The warning came after the completion of an investigation into an outbreak of a rare form of salmonella across California, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico last year, which was found to be due to consumption of raw alfalfa sprouts from a single producer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report