SINGAPORE: Healthy eating campaign launched into supermarket forum
The Cold Storage outlet at Great World City played host this week to the start of a new campaign launched to make shoppers aware of healthy eating. Nominated MP Claire Chiang believes that "the supermarket can be an ideal setting for educating the public."Supermarkets and nutritionists from the Ministry of Health have joined together in an attempt to showcase the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and enable people to make informed choices on the foods they eat. Consumer classes on reading nutrition labels, shelf labels indicating better foods and the Singapore National Heart Foundation's Healthier Choice symbol have been introduced nationwide in food stores controlled by Cold Storage, NTUC and Shop N Save.Nutritionists also gave tips to the public on how to choose low fat meat and healthy alternatives to their usual foods.Chiang explained that the campaign was launched when Health Ministry research revealed that less than 5% of Singaporeans knew about the benefits of fresh fruit and vegetables in preventing heart disease, which is a major killer in the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report