US: Hearthside Food Solutions "could receive US$1bn bids"
US contract food manufacturer Hearthside Food Solutions could reportedly attract takeover bids of around US$1bn, with final offers due this week.
Citing unnamed sources, Bloomberg has reported three buy-out houses - BC Partners, Goldman Sachs' private-equity arm and Oak Hill Capital Partners - are in the race to buy Hearthside from another private-equity firm, Wind Point Partners.
Hearthside was put for sale late last year, Bloomberg said. Wind Point acquired Hearthside in 2009. Last May, US breakfast cereal group Post Holdings snapped up cereal, granola and snacks assets owned by Hearthside in a deal worth US$158m.
Officials at Wind Point and Oak Hill did not return a request for comment.
Goldman Sachs refused to be drawn on the report when contacted by just-food. A spokesperson for BC Partners said the private-equity firm would not comment on "speculation".
Sectors: Mergers & acquisitions
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019