FRANCE: Heat wave almost proves costly to Mars
France's heat wave almost proved costly to Masterfoods' (Mars Group) French unit. Several months ago, the company launched an ad campaign to boost sales. This centred on offering to reimburse customers for their purchases of the ice cream versions of Twix, Snickers, Mars and M&Ms, made between 15 May and 15 August, if the temperature in Paris on 31 August exceeded 31 degrees C.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs