US: Hedge fund boosts American Italian Pasta stake
US investment fund Jana Partners has boosted its stake in ailing pasta maker American Italian Pasta Co.
The hedge fund has bought some 15,000 shares in the company in a deal worth around US$118,500, according to a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Jana Partners' stake in the business stands at around 14%.
American Italian Pasta has yet to file its accounts for the last two fiscal years as the numbers need to be restated to account for brand impairments.
The company had traded on the New York Stock Exchange until late last year when its shares were pulled following a failure to file reports to the SEC on time.
Companies: American Italian Pasta
American Italian Pasta Co., one of the largest makers of pasta in the US, has appointed Jack Kelly as president and chief executive officer....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund