US: Hedge fund boosts American Italian Pasta stake
US investment fund Jana Partners has boosted its stake in ailing pasta maker American Italian Pasta Co.
The hedge fund has bought some 15,000 shares in the company in a deal worth around US$118,500, according to a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Jana Partners' stake in the business stands at around 14%.
American Italian Pasta has yet to file its accounts for the last two fiscal years as the numbers need to be restated to account for brand impairments.
The company had traded on the New York Stock Exchange until late last year when its shares were pulled following a failure to file reports to the SEC on time.
Companies: American Italian Pasta
American Italian Pasta Co., one of the largest makers of pasta in the US, has appointed Jack Kelly as president and chief executive officer....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea