USA: Heinz Acquires Asian Sauces Brand
The H.J. Heinz Co. (NYSE:HNZ) has acquired the Yoshida's brand of Asian sauces in North America, including stir-fry, teriyaki and Hawaiian flavors.Terms of the deal were not disclosed Monday, but Heinz said in a statement that sales for the brand exceed $20 million annually."Yoshida's is a well-regarded brand and a key player in the Asian sauces business, which is growing in the U.S. at a rate of more than 6 percent annually," said Heinz president and chief executive William R. Johnson.Last year, Heinz acquired ABC Indonesia, the world's second-largest soy sauce company, and in March, it entered a joint agreement with Nutri Asia, the top producer of ketchup in the Philippines."As Americans continue to experiment with international cuisine, prepared sauces are becoming important additions to their pantries," said Joe Jimenez, president and chief executive officer of Heinz North America.Yoshida Food Products Co. will continue to co-pack sauces at its facility in Portland, Ore., and will maintain its business outside North America, including rights to the Yoshida's trademark.Heinz brands include its flagship ketchup as well as Heinz steak, cocktail and chili sauces.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016