USA: Heinz Acquires Premium Frozen Dessert Manufacturer; Latest Acquisition To Help Spur Additional Growth in Dynamic Foodservice Business
H.J. Heinz Company (NYSE: HNZ) today announced that its fast-growing Heinz Foodservice Division has acquired Alden Merrell Corporation, a manufacturer of high-quality, premium-priced frozen desserts for casual dining restaurants and foodservice distributors. Alden Merrell also sells and markets to deli and bakery sections of supermarkets in parts of the East Coast. Terms were not released.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund