USA: Heinz acquiring Vlasic pickles and Open Pit barbeque sauce from Vlasic Foods International
Heinz North America, an affiliate of H.J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ), announced today that it has signed an agreement to acquire two leading brands from Vlasic Foods International, subject to bankruptcy court and regulatory approvals. The brands are Vlasic® pickles, the best-selling brand of pickles in the United States, and in retail channels, Open Pit® barbecue sauce. The acquisition price is a $195 million, subject to closing adjustments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target