USA: Heinz acquiring Vlasic pickles and Open Pit barbeque sauce from Vlasic Foods International
Heinz North America, an affiliate of H.J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ), announced today that it has signed an agreement to acquire two leading brands from Vlasic Foods International, subject to bankruptcy court and regulatory approvals. The brands are Vlasic® pickles, the best-selling brand of pickles in the United States, and in retail channels, Open Pit® barbecue sauce. The acquisition price is a $195 million, subject to closing adjustments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre