USA: Heinz acquiring Vlasic pickles and Open Pit barbeque sauce from Vlasic Foods International
Heinz North America, an affiliate of H.J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ), announced today that it has signed an agreement to acquire two leading brands from Vlasic Foods International, subject to bankruptcy court and regulatory approvals. The brands are Vlasic® pickles, the best-selling brand of pickles in the United States, and in retail channels, Open Pit® barbecue sauce. The acquisition price is a $195 million, subject to closing adjustments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group