UK: Heinz adds 'five beans' to canned range
The new Heinz variant comprises haricot, kidney, pinto, cannellini and borlotti beans
Heinz has added to its canned baked beans range in the UK with the launch of a 'five beans' line.
The 415g can variant comprises haricot, kidney, pinto, cannellini and borlotti beans in the tomato sauce used in its original Heinz beans.
The company said the launch aims to "encourage variety and new usage for Heinz Beanz as part of a healthy-balanced meal amongst new and existing customers".
Available from mid-June, with an RRP of GBP0.84 (US$1.30), the variant is packaged with a black label featuring visuals of each of the beans in the recipe.
"We wanted to launch an innovative product that caters to consumers' varied tastes, but still reassures them that they can expect the same wholesome and great tasting goodness of Heinz Beanz," said marketing controller Katie Bleach.
"We're confident that this launch will attract new and previous shoppers to the category, which enables retailers to maximise from the increased footfall and sales."
The launch will be supported with a GBP2m above the line campaign and in-store activity.
UK discount retailer Poundland has added around 100 products to its grocery stable....
Shares in Danone rose today (7 November) after reports activist investor Nelson Peltz had acquired a stake in the French food giant....
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- UK sausage firm Heck Foods eyes further growth
- Divine Chocolate on ambitions at home and abroad
- IRI: the pressures affecting chilled food
- Why Arla's Egyptian JV with Juhayna is shrewd
- Nestle faces India lawsuit over Maggi
- Nestle uses test results to stand by Maggi safety
- Aryzta reports "short-term weakness" in Q3
- PepsiCo to launch Cheetos in UK
- Amazon "plans to add own grocery line"
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in China to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets