UK: Heinz adds 'five beans' to canned range
The new Heinz variant comprises haricot, kidney, pinto, cannellini and borlotti beans
Heinz has added to its canned baked beans range in the UK with the launch of a 'five beans' line.
The 415g can variant comprises haricot, kidney, pinto, cannellini and borlotti beans in the tomato sauce used in its original Heinz beans.
The company said the launch aims to "encourage variety and new usage for Heinz Beanz as part of a healthy-balanced meal amongst new and existing customers".
Available from mid-June, with an RRP of GBP0.84 (US$1.30), the variant is packaged with a black label featuring visuals of each of the beans in the recipe.
"We wanted to launch an innovative product that caters to consumers' varied tastes, but still reassures them that they can expect the same wholesome and great tasting goodness of Heinz Beanz," said marketing controller Katie Bleach.
"We're confident that this launch will attract new and previous shoppers to the category, which enables retailers to maximise from the increased footfall and sales."
The launch will be supported with a GBP2m above the line campaign and in-store activity.
UK discount retailer Poundland has added around 100 products to its grocery stable....
Shares in Danone rose today (7 November) after reports activist investor Nelson Peltz had acquired a stake in the French food giant....
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"
- JBS acquires Cargill's US pork unit
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- US performance weighs on General Mills