UK: Heinz adds flavour to Beanz range
- Heinz adds to Beanz range
- Four variants added to line-up
The range includes Cheddar Cheese, Tomato with Garlic & Herbs, Curry, Barbecue, and Fiery Chilli flavours
US food group Heinz has added some flavour to its Beanz range in the UK with four new products.
Cheddar Cheese, Tomato with Garlic & Herbs, Curry, Barbecue, and Fiery Chilli will join the existing Original and Five Beanz flavours this month, Heinz said today (16 October).
Available in 390g cans with an RRP of GBP0.84 (US$1.35), the launch is being supported through store activation and digital activity.
"We are confident these new varieties will provide shoppers with the inspiration they desire to add more variety to their mealtimes, whilst still giving the goodness and value that we know they love," Heinz Beanz senior brand manager Katherine Broadley said.
Heinz has looked to double its rate of innovation over the last two years. Matt Hill, president of Heinz UK and Ireland told the IGD annual convention in London last week innovation was needed to "drive engagement" of consumers and claimed it would help manufacturers gain market share.
FOR FLAVOUR THAT'S FULL OF BEANZ, IT HAS TO BE HEINZ
- FIVE NEW VARIETIES TO INSPIRE SHOPPERS FOR MEALTIMES -
Market leader Heinz is launching its new Heinz Beanz with Flavour range - including Cheddar Cheese, Tomato with Garlic & Herbs, Curry, Barbecue, and for a burst of heat, Fiery Chilli - to offer shoppers inspiration and more variety as well as drive category sales.
On shelf this month, the distinctive new flavours in 390g cans will help liven up consumers' mealtimes by allowing them to try the new recipes, whilst being reassured by the Heinz Beanz brand that they know and love.
With each variety containing ‘1 of your 5 a day' at an RRP of £0.84, the Heinz Beanz with Flavour range offers shoppers great value. Each delicious flavour is best enjoyed on toast or a jacket potato, making them a ‘centre of plate' offering, rather than a side-of-plate accompaniment.
Furthermore, the pack design was created to maintain the Heinz Beanz Blue beacon, but uses distinct colours and imagery of ingredients across labels and shelf-ready packaging to ensure stand out on shelf and help attract new and existing customers.
Katherine Broadley, Senior Brand Manager for Heinz Beanz, comments: "We are confident these new varieties will provide shoppers with the inspiration they desire to add more variety to their mealtimes, whilst still giving the goodness and value that we know they love."
The launch is being supported through in store activation and digital activity (www.facebook.com/heinzbeanz)
Original source: Heinz
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report