UK: Heinz adds to sauce stable with ketchup jars
- Heinz launches ketchup in a jar
- Available in two variants
The range comprises two variants
Food giant Heinz has extended its UK sauces range with the introduction of a range of ketchups in a jar.
Designed with adults in mind, Heinz said the range aims to drive new usage occasions by allowing consumers to "spoon a generous serving" of the ketchup onto their meals.
The range comprises two variants: Heinz Tomato Ketchup Balsamic Vinegar, Basil and Oregano; and Heinz Tomato Ketchup Roasted Garlic, Thyme and Honey.
In-store from October, the line has an RRP of GBP1.79 (US$2.88) and will be supported by an integrated campaign including in-store activity.
Heinz, the sauce expert, has launched an innovative new range of delicious ketchups in a jar carefully crafted to complement more consumers' mealtimes, designed with adults in mind. Heinz's new ketchup range aims to drive new usage occasions by allowing consumers to spoon a generous serving of the flavour-filled ketchup onto more of their favourite meals.
In-store from October, the new range boasts a rich and thick texture that is packed full of flavour in stylish 300g glass jars. Full of quality ingredients and a unique tomatoey taste, the new range has an RRP of £1.79 and is available in the following varieties:
· Heinz Tomato Ketchup Balsamic Vinegar, Basil and Oregano - goes really well with chicken dishes, pork chops and roasted vegetables
· Heinz Tomato Ketchup Roasted Garlic, Thyme and Honey - goes really well with dishes such as meatballs, steak and lasagne
Emma Rumble, Senior Brand Manager at Heinz, said: "We've developed a new range of tasty ketchups - rich, thick and full of flavour - to complement more of the meals we know our adult consumers eat. Our aim is for Heinz Tomato Ketchup to be enjoyed at every mealtime, and the new jar format means our consumers can simply spoon out and enjoy more often!
"Launching our new ketchup range is another example of our continued commitment to developing new innovations that create excitement in the category."
The launch of the campaign will be supported by an integrated campaign including in-store activity.
Heinz Tomato Ketchup is the market leader with a 77% value share of the total Tomato Ketchup category worth £153m.
Original source: Heinz
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant