UK: Heinz adds to sauce stable with ketchup jars
- Heinz launches ketchup in a jar
- Available in two variants
The range comprises two variants
Food giant Heinz has extended its UK sauces range with the introduction of a range of ketchups in a jar.
Designed with adults in mind, Heinz said the range aims to drive new usage occasions by allowing consumers to "spoon a generous serving" of the ketchup onto their meals.
The range comprises two variants: Heinz Tomato Ketchup Balsamic Vinegar, Basil and Oregano; and Heinz Tomato Ketchup Roasted Garlic, Thyme and Honey.
In-store from October, the line has an RRP of GBP1.79 (US$2.88) and will be supported by an integrated campaign including in-store activity.
Heinz, the sauce expert, has launched an innovative new range of delicious ketchups in a jar carefully crafted to complement more consumers' mealtimes, designed with adults in mind. Heinz's new ketchup range aims to drive new usage occasions by allowing consumers to spoon a generous serving of the flavour-filled ketchup onto more of their favourite meals.
In-store from October, the new range boasts a rich and thick texture that is packed full of flavour in stylish 300g glass jars. Full of quality ingredients and a unique tomatoey taste, the new range has an RRP of £1.79 and is available in the following varieties:
· Heinz Tomato Ketchup Balsamic Vinegar, Basil and Oregano - goes really well with chicken dishes, pork chops and roasted vegetables
· Heinz Tomato Ketchup Roasted Garlic, Thyme and Honey - goes really well with dishes such as meatballs, steak and lasagne
Emma Rumble, Senior Brand Manager at Heinz, said: "We've developed a new range of tasty ketchups - rich, thick and full of flavour - to complement more of the meals we know our adult consumers eat. Our aim is for Heinz Tomato Ketchup to be enjoyed at every mealtime, and the new jar format means our consumers can simply spoon out and enjoy more often!
"Launching our new ketchup range is another example of our continued commitment to developing new innovations that create excitement in the category."
The launch of the campaign will be supported by an integrated campaign including in-store activity.
Heinz Tomato Ketchup is the market leader with a 77% value share of the total Tomato Ketchup category worth £153m.
Original source: Heinz
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- What delay means for UK child obesity strategy
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- New Quaker Oats range targets wellness trend