USA: Heinz builds its international sauce business with niche acquisitions in Singapore and France
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) has added two niche businesses to its international portfolio of brands with the acquisition of French sauce maker Comexo of Chateaurenard, near Paris, and Sinsin Food Industries Pte Ltd. of Singapore, a marketer of popular chili sauce and other Asian condiments. "Both of these new businesses, while relatively small, are important additions to Heinz's flavor and taste solutions strategy," noted William R. Johnson, Heinz Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "This category represents more than US$2.4 billion in global sales and is led by our flagship product, Heinz Ketchup®. In France, the addition of Comexo's specialized sauces for the restaurant trade will allow us to further expand our growing European sauce business and foodservice businesses. Sinsin will complement Heinz's growing sauce business in Asia, where we are now the world's second-largest marketer of soy sauce with our ABC® brand."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea