USA: Heinz builds its international sauce business with niche acquisitions in Singapore and France
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) has added two niche businesses to its international portfolio of brands with the acquisition of French sauce maker Comexo of Chateaurenard, near Paris, and Sinsin Food Industries Pte Ltd. of Singapore, a marketer of popular chili sauce and other Asian condiments. "Both of these new businesses, while relatively small, are important additions to Heinz's flavor and taste solutions strategy," noted William R. Johnson, Heinz Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "This category represents more than US$2.4 billion in global sales and is led by our flagship product, Heinz Ketchup®. In France, the addition of Comexo's specialized sauces for the restaurant trade will allow us to further expand our growing European sauce business and foodservice businesses. Sinsin will complement Heinz's growing sauce business in Asia, where we are now the world's second-largest marketer of soy sauce with our ABC® brand."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits