USA: Heinz builds its international sauce business with niche acquisitions in Singapore and France
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) has added two niche businesses to its international portfolio of brands with the acquisition of French sauce maker Comexo of Chateaurenard, near Paris, and Sinsin Food Industries Pte Ltd. of Singapore, a marketer of popular chili sauce and other Asian condiments. "Both of these new businesses, while relatively small, are important additions to Heinz's flavor and taste solutions strategy," noted William R. Johnson, Heinz Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "This category represents more than US$2.4 billion in global sales and is led by our flagship product, Heinz Ketchup®. In France, the addition of Comexo's specialized sauces for the restaurant trade will allow us to further expand our growing European sauce business and foodservice businesses. Sinsin will complement Heinz's growing sauce business in Asia, where we are now the world's second-largest marketer of soy sauce with our ABC® brand."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review