CANADA: Heinz Canada's announces C$4.3m investment in Leamington plant
Heinz Canada has announced plans to relocate production of 1.2 million cases of canned tomato pasta sauce from a Borden Montreal facility to the Heinz Leamington plant. The company will make a C$3m (US$1.88m) capital investment to move equipment between the plants. In response to demand for additional tomato solids to be used in production of a range of processed tomato products Heinz will also spend an extra C$1.3m to install a new tomato paste filler which will extend the Leamington plant's production capabilities for seasonal tomato products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO