US: Heinz claims victory in proxy battle
A representative of Heinz told just-food today that early indications suggest that the Trian Group, led by activist investor Nelson Peltz, has failed in its attempt to get five nominees elected to the ketchup marker's board. However, it seems that there is every possibility that at least one of Trian's nominees was elected by shareholders at the company's AGM yesterday (16 August).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry