US: Heinz defends Dip & Squeeze patent in lawsuit

By Michelle Russell | 20 August 2012

US ketchup maker Heinz has said it will "aggressively defend" its position against another lawsuit over its Dip & Squeeze condiment packets.

just-food articles are only available to registered users and members.

Join now for increased access

There are various access options to choose from. All provide instant access to the latest news, insight and expert analysis.

If you’re already a member, login here.

US ketchup maker Heinz has said it will "aggressively defend" its position against another lawsuit over its Dip & Squeeze condiment packets.

  • Unlimited access to all the latest global food news and insight
  • Expert analysis that puts the news into context
  • Exclusive interviews with leading industry figures
  • Monthly management briefings with detailed analysis on hot topics
  • Personalised RSS feeds and email newsletters
  • 10-year archive of news, insight and intelligence
  • Discounts on just-food market research
  • Plus much more

If you’re already a member, login here

Not what you were looking for?

Search just-food:

More articles related to this one

Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
The food industry was rocked this week with what is set to be the largest-ever takeover in the food sector: Heinz sold to Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and 3G Capital for US$28bn. The horsemeat saga trundled on, with arrests in the UK, as well as the first set of industry-wide tests. Results also poured in from the likes of PepsiCo, Mondelez International and Nestle.

Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Two Hs dominated the headlines this week: horsemeat and Heinz. The horsemeat contamination scandal swept across Europe, with a series of recalls, government investigations and product tests. On Thursday, however, Heinz took the industry's attention with news it had accepted a US$28bn takeover bid - the largest-ever seen in the sector.

US: SEC "monitor options trading before Heinz deal"
The US Securities and Exchange Commission is reportedly looking at a surge in options trading in the hours before Heinz announced it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover bid.

Welcome to the home of food information, insight & intelligence

Not a member? Join here

Decrease font sizeDecrease font sizeDecrease font size Increase font sizeIncrease font sizeIncrease font size Comment on this article Email this to a friend Print this page