USA: Heinz enters talks to acquire top European food company
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE: HNZ) yesterday announced that it has entered into discussions to acquire the CSM Food Division of CSM Nederland NV of Diemen, near Amsterdam. Discussions are at a stage where it is expected that an agreement can be reached with completion of the transaction early in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix