USA: Heinz expands its global ketchup business with acquisition in Costa Rica which offers growth opportunities in Central America
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) yesterday announced that it has expanded its flagship ketchup business into Central America with the acquisition of two leading privately held food companies, based in San Jose, Costa Rica: Productos Columbia, S.A. and Distribuidora Banquete, S.A. Terms of the transactions were not released.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly