USA: Heinz expands its global ketchup business with acquisition in Costa Rica which offers growth opportunities in Central America
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) yesterday announced that it has expanded its flagship ketchup business into Central America with the acquisition of two leading privately held food companies, based in San Jose, Costa Rica: Productos Columbia, S.A. and Distribuidora Banquete, S.A. Terms of the transactions were not released.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega