UK: Heinz in baby food recall
HJ Heinz has recalled a batch of its Fruity Custard Fruit Medley baby food in the UK because the product was found to contain small pieces of plastic that present a choking hazard.
The batch code affected is 9307 with a best before end date of 03/11/10. Parents and carers are being advised not to use the product
The recall was initiated after the company received complains from consumers, a spokesperson for Heinz told just-food.
“Four consumers contacted us,” the spokesperson said. “There are no injuries.”
Heinz distributed 1,500 or so pots of Fruity Custard Fruit Medley throughout the UK & Ireland.
“Heinz is carrying out a full investigation of the incident to ensure it does not reoccur and apologises for any inconvenience caused,” the group said.
HJ Heinz is set to begin offering its baked beans in a resealable bottle called the 'Fridge Pack' in the UK....
Two UK household food brands found new owners this week, with the sales of the Rachel's organic dairy business and canned tuna maker John West. In France, frozen-food retailer Picard was snapped in an...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- PepsiCo to close Australia crisps plant
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis