UK: Heinz in baby food recall
HJ Heinz has recalled a batch of its Fruity Custard Fruit Medley baby food in the UK because the product was found to contain small pieces of plastic that present a choking hazard.
The batch code affected is 9307 with a best before end date of 03/11/10. Parents and carers are being advised not to use the product
The recall was initiated after the company received complains from consumers, a spokesperson for Heinz told just-food.
“Four consumers contacted us,” the spokesperson said. “There are no injuries.”
Heinz distributed 1,500 or so pots of Fruity Custard Fruit Medley throughout the UK & Ireland.
“Heinz is carrying out a full investigation of the incident to ensure it does not reoccur and apologises for any inconvenience caused,” the group said.
HJ Heinz is set to begin offering its baked beans in a resealable bottle called the 'Fridge Pack' in the UK....
Two UK household food brands found new owners this week, with the sales of the Rachel's organic dairy business and canned tuna maker John West. In France, frozen-food retailer Picard was snapped in an...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report