USA: Heinz issues revised earnings outlook for second half of fiscal 2001 and preliminary outlook for fiscal 2002
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) yesterday announced that it is revising its earnings outlook for fiscal year 2001 (ends May 2, 2001) to an anticipated earnings per share (EPS) of approximately $2.81 to $2.83. This projection reflects core earnings of approximately $2.54 to $2.56 per share (excluding restructuring costs) plus a benefit of $0.27 per share from tax planning and new tax legislation in Italy enacted in the third quarter. Preliminary indications are that third quarter core EPS will be approximately $0.65. Including the Italian tax benefit and excluding restructuring, Heinz anticipates EPS of $0.92 for the third quarter. Third quarter sales are expected to be up approximately 4% on a constant currency basis and down approximately 1% on a reported basis. Full year sales are expected to be up approximately 3% on a constant currency basis and down approximately 1% on a reported basis. (Fiscal 2001 is one week shorter than fiscal 2000.)
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review