AUSTRALIA: Heinz issues spaghetti recall
Heinz Wattie's Australasia has recalled on several batches of its canned spaghetti products after small pieces of rubber were discovered in a small number of cans.
Glenda Orland, Heinz Wattie's corporate affairs manager, told Adelaide's Sunday Mail newspaper that a machine fault was the cause of the contamination, but that the fault "does not affect any other batch or product".
The company has identified the products affected by the recall as the following, and has asked customers to return any purchased to the store they came from for a full cash refund;
- Heinz Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce, 130g, batch codes starting, 0791, 0571, 1121.
- Heinz Spaghetti Bolognese, 130g, batch codes starting, 0341, 1121.
- Heinz Spaghetti Hoops, 130g, batch codes starting, 0791, 1091, 1391, 1451.
US food giant H.J. Heinz has completed its acquisition of HP Foods from France's Groupe Danone for £470m (US$820m) in cash....
H J Heinz Company has announced that it has agreed to purchase privately-held Nancy's Specialty Foods Inc, producers of the Nancy's brand of premium appetizers, quiche entrees and desserts. Terms of ...
H J Heinz Company has today (Monday) confirmed that it has signed a definitive agreement with Groupe Danone SA to acquire a number of leading culinary sauce brands for £470m (US$855m) in cash....
Heinz is close to buying HP Foods, maker of Lea & Perrins and HP Sauce from French diary giant Danone, according to the Daily Telegraph newspaper....
H J Heinz Company has named Idamarie Laquatra as director, global nutrition....
H J Heinz Company today reported net income of $206.5m for its fourth quarter ended April 27, 2005, compared with $196.5m in the same period last year....
H J Heinz Company has announced the promotion of Jeffrey P Berger to executive vice president. He will be responsible for the company's global foodservice business....
H J Heinz Company has announced the appointment of Jane S Miller as president of its UK and Ireland business unit....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti