FRANCE: Heinz launches '2012 vintage' tomato ketchup
Heinz launches Ketchup Primeur 2012
Heinz is preparing its latest limited edition "vintage" tomato Ketchup in France, with bottles from the 2012 tomato harvest set to hit shelves in the next few weeks.
It may not yet have the cache of Beaujolais nouveau wine, but Heinz is making Ketchup Primeur an annual event after a successful launch in 2011. Bottles of 2012 will be available from supermarkets across France between October and December, the firm said this week.
Ketchup Primeur contains unpasteurised tomatoes and uses 183g of tomatoes per 100g of sauce. Classic, non-vintage ketchup uses 132g of tomatoes per 100g, a spokeperson for Heinz France told just-food today (28 September).
Tomatoes are bottled no more than two days after harvest. Unlike a fine wine, however, Ketchup Primeur is not for ageing. It has a shelf-life of ten months and contains no preservatives, according to Heinz.
In the wake of the Heinz deal, Ben Cooper examines whether private-equity investors are changing their attitudes towards sustainability as some prominent players in the sector are claiming....
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the larges...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report