FRANCE: Heinz launches '2012 vintage' tomato ketchup
Heinz launches Ketchup Primeur 2012
Heinz is preparing its latest limited edition "vintage" tomato Ketchup in France, with bottles from the 2012 tomato harvest set to hit shelves in the next few weeks.
It may not yet have the cache of Beaujolais nouveau wine, but Heinz is making Ketchup Primeur an annual event after a successful launch in 2011. Bottles of 2012 will be available from supermarkets across France between October and December, the firm said this week.
Ketchup Primeur contains unpasteurised tomatoes and uses 183g of tomatoes per 100g of sauce. Classic, non-vintage ketchup uses 132g of tomatoes per 100g, a spokeperson for Heinz France told just-food today (28 September).
Tomatoes are bottled no more than two days after harvest. Unlike a fine wine, however, Ketchup Primeur is not for ageing. It has a shelf-life of ten months and contains no preservatives, according to Heinz.
In the wake of the Heinz deal, Ben Cooper examines whether private-equity investors are changing their attitudes towards sustainability as some prominent players in the sector are claiming....
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the larges...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details