UK: Heinz launches Amoy oriental sauces
Heinz has launched two new oriental sauces - Amoy Special Selection Soy Sauce and Amoy Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce.
The company said that the launch came in response to increased demand for products that consumers can use to "cook from scratch" at home.
"As well as capitalising on this trend, the expansion of its sauces portfolio is also in response to ‘ingredients' continuing to be the biggest sector in the ambient Oriental market," Heinz said.
AMOYTM LAUNCHES NEW SAUCES TO SPICE UP HOME COOKING
Following the rise in cooking from scratch at home, Amoy is launching two new sauces - Amoy Special Selection Soy Sauce and Amoy Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce - to inspire consumers to add some Oriental adventure to their mealtimes.
As well as capitalising on this trend, the expansion of its sauces portfolio is also in response to ‘ingredients' continuing to be the biggest sector in the ambient Oriental market, with strong year-on-year growth rates.
Amoy Special Selection is the brand's first premium soy sauce and is being introduced to reinforce Amoy's leading position in the Soy Sauce sector. Amoy Soy has a 61% UK market share in the category.
As Amoy Special Selection is made from the first extract of whole Soya Beans, the new superior-quality product boasts a more intense, fuller-bodied flavour.
Available in a 250ml bottle with an RRP of £2.99, Amoy Special Selection allows foodies to replicate restaurant-style Oriental cuisine at home.
Amoy Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce has been developed to meet the growing demand for sweet chilli dipping sauces amongst consumers.
The sauce, which is available in a 150ml bottle at an RRP of £1, provides consumers with quality and flavour and can be used as a dipping sauce or to add Asian-inspiration to everyday dishes.
Both products will be supported with customised launch activity to drive trial, including retail support via neck collars, targeted retail specific activity and trade promotions to drive sales.
Helen Tarragano, Marketing Manager, Amoy said: "We've developed these new sauces in line with the cooking at home trend, to help consumers create authentic Asian meals easily. As our core customers are confident and passionate foodies with adventurous tastes, they are keen to experiment in the kitchen during the week but need quality ingredients that deliver a great taste.
"We're confident that our Amoy Special Selection Soy Sauce and Amoy Thai Chilli Sauce will deliver that added convenience to our customers looking to re-create restaurant quality Asian dishes at home."
All Amoy products are sourced from Asia, using the highest-quality authentic Asian ingredients.
Original source: Amoy
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report