UK: Heinz launches chilli-flavoured mayonnaise
Heinz has launched a chili-flavoured mayonnaise
Heinz announced today (4 April) that it is extending its Deli Mayo range in the UK with the addition of a chilli variety.
The ketchup maker said that its Heinz Deli Mayo with a Hint of Chilli will join its other Deli Mayo varieties - roasted garlic and caramelised onion from April, with an RRP of GBP1.59.
Heinz said the variety was developed following "in-depth research by Heinz into what consumers are looking for in the mayonnaise market".
It added that it will use free range eggs in the Hint of Chilli variety, with plans to roll out free range eggs across the rest of the range during the summer.
Heinz ambient dressings assistant brand manager Nicola Leenman said: "Consumers are constantly looking for ways to make their everyday sandwiches more exciting and flavoured mayonnaise is an easy way to do this. Heinz Deli Mayo with a Hint of Chilli immediately adds more flavour to a meal or snack, and tastes great with chicken or prawns, whilst maintaining the thick, creamy texture and smooth consistency consumers recognise with Heinz Mayo."
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin