UK: Heinz launches chilli sauce range
Heinz launches chilli sauces
Heinz is launching a new range of Heinz Thick Chilli Sauce products in the UK.
The condiments giant said the new range will comprise of four varieties: Heinz Sweet Chilli, Heinz Jerk BBQ, Heinz Peri Peri and Heinz Hot Pepper.
Heinz said that the sauces could be used as a dipping accompaniment to food or as a marinade.
The line launched this month with an RRP of GBP1.69 for a 220ml bottle.
Mark Blay, assistant brand manager at Heinz, said the launch came in response to growing consumer demand.
"With the chilli sauce category growing year-on-year, it's clear we're a nation of spicy shoppers. The launch of the new Heinz Chilli Sauces range reflects our commitment to developing new and exciting products that respond to consumer trends."
Heinz Launches New Chilli Range To Spice Up Sauce Category To start a chilli adventure... IT HAS TO BE HEINZ
image004.jpg@01CF3D2BHeinz is introducing consumers to a new chilli taste adventure with the launch of four new and exciting Chilli Sauce flavours.
Aiming to attract heat lovers who need a helping hand when it comes to chilli sauces, the new Heinz Thick Chilli Sauce range includes, Heinz Sweet Chilli, Heinz Jerk BBQ, Heinz Peri Peri and Heinz Hot Pepper.
The top down 220ml bottles will be available in stores nationwide from March, with a RRP of £1.69.
Versatile in nature and easy to use, the sauces allow you turn up the taste on everyday foods. A winning combination of thick texture, balanced with flavour and heat, make them the perfect accompaniment to the nation's favorite foods whether it be dipping with chips or marinating and glazing chicken.
The four distinct varieties add an unmistakeable kick to dishes in differing degrees, ranging from a mild tingle to fiery full-on flavour. The new sauces use a simple on-pack heat indicator to clearly communicate to consumers the level of heat inside each bottle.
The packaging features a modern design combining a colourful, vibrant look with bright labels including images of the ingredients to reinforce the flavours inside. The design also makes better use of food-specific descriptors, including food pairing suggestions on the front of the bottle.
Mark Blay, Assistant Brand Manager at Heinz says: "With the chilli sauce category growing year-on-year, it's clear we're a nation of spicy shoppers. The launch of the new Heinz Chilli Sauces range reflects our commitment to developing new and exciting products that respond to consumer trends.
"The new range provides a chilli taste adventure consumers can trust, offering them the perfect way to enhance but not overpower their meals. Each sauce is a great entry point to the chilli market for consumers and the on-pack heat indicator makes it even easier for them to control how hot they want to go, from mild and tangy to full on fiery flavour".
The launch of the new range comes on the back of the popularity of the thin Heinz Hot Sauces range, which since the launch of the range in 2012 has taken an 8.3% unit share of the Hot and Spicy sauces category (Nielsen w/c 07.12.13).
Original source: Heinz
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities