UK: Heinz launches chilli sauces
Heinz launches Hot Sauce range
Heinz is preparing to launch a line of Heinz Hot Sauces, which will be available throughout the UK from next month.
The range of chilli sauces contains three varieties: chipotle & garlic, green jalapeño and yellow habanero. The sauces have an RRP of GBP1.49 (US$2.41), the company revealed.
The launch will be supported by a marketing campaign, including digital, sampling and radio as well as a social media campaign to "help chilli lovers unite".
Emma Rumble, senior brand manager, said the launch reflects the company's commitment to developing "new and exciting products" that "respond to consumer trends". She said: "We know people love spicy flavours and we're confident that the taste and tingle, or fiery kick in case of the yellow habanero variant, of the sauces will liven up any mealtime."
Heinz, the sauce expert, is launching an exciting new range of hot chilli sauces, set to spice up mealtimes for chilli lovers all over the country.
The new Heinz Hot Sauces, in-store from October, combine heat, flavour and a splash of vibrant colour to liven up any meal.
The three distinct varieties are well balanced to complement the flavours of consumers' favourite foods, whilst adding an unmistakeable chilli kick to dishes in differing degrees. So simply versatile, ideal for giving that extra zing to pizza, pasta, stir fries, chicken, burgers and much more! The opportunities with Heinz Hot Sauces are endless.
With a RRP of £1.49, the range consists of three exciting chilli flavours, each giving food full-on taste and tingle:
· Chipotle & Garlic is a smokey, medium spiced sauce with a hint of garlic. The perfect partner for marinating chicken or brightening burgers and ribs
· Green Jalapeño is a hot-spiced sauce with a tangy, zesty taste. Great for spicing up salsa or giving an added kick to salads and pizzas
· Yellow Habanero is a fiery hot yellow chilli sauce, the hottest varieties. Perfect poured on fajitas or splashed into stir fries. This sauce is complemented with a sweetness to balance its searing heat
Heinz has worked hard to source the quality ingredients and all three sauces contain chillies sourced from a single origin - Mexico - and in the case of Yellow Habanero, a single farmer's co-operative.
The Heinz Foodservice arm of the business also sees opportunities for the product to be placed both back and front-of-house, which will further reinforce the product's quality credentials and encourage in-home usage.
The launch of the new range will be supported by a social media campaign to really help chilli lovers unite. Each 150ml bottle features a unique QR code that will direct consumers to the Heinz Hot Sauces Facebook page (www.facebook.com/heinzhotsauces) encouraging chilli lovers to come together, provide recipe inspiration and special offers, supported by YouTube videos and Twitter conversation.
Emma Rumble, Senior Brand Manager at Heinz says: "The launch of the new Heinz Hot Sauces range reflects our commitment to developing new and exciting products that respond to consumer trends. We know people love spicy flavours and we're confident that the taste and tingle (or fiery kick in case of the yellow habanero variant) of the sauces will liven up any mealtime!
The QR codes on the labels are a great way of optimising brand interaction, particularly during dwell time in restaurants. Consumers will be inspired by some delicious recipes from the Facebook page, as well as adding their own for other heat-seeking Heinz fans to enjoy. And getting the product into people's hands through sampling will be really important for us too."
The launch of the new campaign will be supported by an integrated campaign, including digital activity, sampling and radio.
Original source: HJ Heinz
In the wake of the Heinz deal, Ben Cooper examines whether private-equity investors are changing their attitudes towards sustainability as some prominent players in the sector are claiming....
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the larges...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report