UK: Heinz launches Pouches baby food line
All pouches contain no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives
Heinz has expanded its baby food range with the launch of a Pouches line.
Designed with a smooth texture for babies 4-plus months and a mashed texture for babies 7-plus months, the pouches have been developed to help mums wean their babies onto solid foods, Heinz said.
All pouches contain no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
The 4-plus month pouches are available in seven variants, including: Apple, Pear & Banana, Mango, Banana & Lime, and Peach, Mango & Banana.
The 7-plus month pouches are available in three flavours: Sunday Chicken Dinner, Apple & Pork Casserole, and Sweet Potato, Chicken & Veggies.
HEINZ LAUNCHES POUCHES RANGE
FOR BABIES 4 + MONTHS
Market leader Heinz is continuing to innovate the infant food category with the launch of its new Heinz Pouches range.
Available from January 2013, Heinz Pouches are the only pouches with added vitamins and minerals. Each pouch contains at least 1 of your baby's 5 a day, as well as fruit pouches providing 60% of their daily Vitamin C needs and savoury pouches containing essential iron, important for healthy brain development. All pouches contain no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives
Available in smooth texture for babies 4+ months and mashed texture for babies 7+ months, the pouches have been developed to help mums wean their little ones onto solid foods.
The 4+ month pouches begin the weaning journey, with a smooth texture to help babies learn to take food from a spoon. While, the 7+ month pouches introduce a mashed texture to help babies develop their taste buds and to help teach them how to chew.
With an RRP of £0.89, the 100g 4+ month pouches are available in seven different flavours, to ensure mums can keep early mealtimes exciting. These include:
· Apple, Pear & Banana
· Mango, Banana & Lime
· Peach, Mango & Banana
· Apple & Mango
· Butternut Squash, Carrot & Apple
· Sweet Potato, Parsnip & Apple
· Veggie Chicken Casserole
The 130g 7 + month pouches have an RRP of £1.19, and are available in:
· Sunday Chicken Dinner
· Apple & Pork Casserole
· Sweet Potato, Chicken & Veggies
The packaging has a convenient plastic screw-top, which allows mums to give babies tasty nutrition that can be easily served on the go.
Christina Honigfort, Heinz Marketing Manager Infant Feeding, comments: "From our research we found that mums wanted a range of products specially developed to help wean babies and help them develop their eating skills. At Heinz we know how important key vitamins and minerals, such as iron, are in the early stages of food discovery to allow them to grow up healthy.
"We see the launch of Heinz Pouches as part of our continued commitment to supporting mums and babies on their weaning journey, as well as driving sales of the new range for our retail partners."
Infant feeding pouches are the fastest growing sub-category, making up to 23% of value sales in the UK wet ambient baby food market. The pouches market is worth £40.8m and the total market is seeing a year on year growth of 20.5% driven by more consumers buying into the format.2
Original source: Heinz
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015