UK: Heinz launches Pouches baby food line
All pouches contain no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives
Heinz has expanded its baby food range with the launch of a Pouches line.
Designed with a smooth texture for babies 4-plus months and a mashed texture for babies 7-plus months, the pouches have been developed to help mums wean their babies onto solid foods, Heinz said.
All pouches contain no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
The 4-plus month pouches are available in seven variants, including: Apple, Pear & Banana, Mango, Banana & Lime, and Peach, Mango & Banana.
The 7-plus month pouches are available in three flavours: Sunday Chicken Dinner, Apple & Pork Casserole, and Sweet Potato, Chicken & Veggies.
HEINZ LAUNCHES POUCHES RANGE
FOR BABIES 4 + MONTHS
Market leader Heinz is continuing to innovate the infant food category with the launch of its new Heinz Pouches range.
Available from January 2013, Heinz Pouches are the only pouches with added vitamins and minerals. Each pouch contains at least 1 of your baby's 5 a day, as well as fruit pouches providing 60% of their daily Vitamin C needs and savoury pouches containing essential iron, important for healthy brain development. All pouches contain no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives
Available in smooth texture for babies 4+ months and mashed texture for babies 7+ months, the pouches have been developed to help mums wean their little ones onto solid foods.
The 4+ month pouches begin the weaning journey, with a smooth texture to help babies learn to take food from a spoon. While, the 7+ month pouches introduce a mashed texture to help babies develop their taste buds and to help teach them how to chew.
With an RRP of £0.89, the 100g 4+ month pouches are available in seven different flavours, to ensure mums can keep early mealtimes exciting. These include:
· Apple, Pear & Banana
· Mango, Banana & Lime
· Peach, Mango & Banana
· Apple & Mango
· Butternut Squash, Carrot & Apple
· Sweet Potato, Parsnip & Apple
· Veggie Chicken Casserole
The 130g 7 + month pouches have an RRP of £1.19, and are available in:
· Sunday Chicken Dinner
· Apple & Pork Casserole
· Sweet Potato, Chicken & Veggies
The packaging has a convenient plastic screw-top, which allows mums to give babies tasty nutrition that can be easily served on the go.
Christina Honigfort, Heinz Marketing Manager Infant Feeding, comments: "From our research we found that mums wanted a range of products specially developed to help wean babies and help them develop their eating skills. At Heinz we know how important key vitamins and minerals, such as iron, are in the early stages of food discovery to allow them to grow up healthy.
"We see the launch of Heinz Pouches as part of our continued commitment to supporting mums and babies on their weaning journey, as well as driving sales of the new range for our retail partners."
Infant feeding pouches are the fastest growing sub-category, making up to 23% of value sales in the UK wet ambient baby food market. The pouches market is worth £40.8m and the total market is seeing a year on year growth of 20.5% driven by more consumers buying into the format.2
Original source: Heinz
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights