UK: Heinz launches Pouches baby food line
All pouches contain no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives
Heinz has expanded its baby food range with the launch of a Pouches line.
Designed with a smooth texture for babies 4-plus months and a mashed texture for babies 7-plus months, the pouches have been developed to help mums wean their babies onto solid foods, Heinz said.
All pouches contain no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
The 4-plus month pouches are available in seven variants, including: Apple, Pear & Banana, Mango, Banana & Lime, and Peach, Mango & Banana.
The 7-plus month pouches are available in three flavours: Sunday Chicken Dinner, Apple & Pork Casserole, and Sweet Potato, Chicken & Veggies.
HEINZ LAUNCHES POUCHES RANGE
FOR BABIES 4 + MONTHS
Market leader Heinz is continuing to innovate the infant food category with the launch of its new Heinz Pouches range.
Available from January 2013, Heinz Pouches are the only pouches with added vitamins and minerals. Each pouch contains at least 1 of your baby's 5 a day, as well as fruit pouches providing 60% of their daily Vitamin C needs and savoury pouches containing essential iron, important for healthy brain development. All pouches contain no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives
Available in smooth texture for babies 4+ months and mashed texture for babies 7+ months, the pouches have been developed to help mums wean their little ones onto solid foods.
The 4+ month pouches begin the weaning journey, with a smooth texture to help babies learn to take food from a spoon. While, the 7+ month pouches introduce a mashed texture to help babies develop their taste buds and to help teach them how to chew.
With an RRP of £0.89, the 100g 4+ month pouches are available in seven different flavours, to ensure mums can keep early mealtimes exciting. These include:
· Apple, Pear & Banana
· Mango, Banana & Lime
· Peach, Mango & Banana
· Apple & Mango
· Butternut Squash, Carrot & Apple
· Sweet Potato, Parsnip & Apple
· Veggie Chicken Casserole
The 130g 7 + month pouches have an RRP of £1.19, and are available in:
· Sunday Chicken Dinner
· Apple & Pork Casserole
· Sweet Potato, Chicken & Veggies
The packaging has a convenient plastic screw-top, which allows mums to give babies tasty nutrition that can be easily served on the go.
Christina Honigfort, Heinz Marketing Manager Infant Feeding, comments: "From our research we found that mums wanted a range of products specially developed to help wean babies and help them develop their eating skills. At Heinz we know how important key vitamins and minerals, such as iron, are in the early stages of food discovery to allow them to grow up healthy.
"We see the launch of Heinz Pouches as part of our continued commitment to supporting mums and babies on their weaning journey, as well as driving sales of the new range for our retail partners."
Infant feeding pouches are the fastest growing sub-category, making up to 23% of value sales in the UK wet ambient baby food market. The pouches market is worth £40.8m and the total market is seeing a year on year growth of 20.5% driven by more consumers buying into the format.2
Original source: Heinz
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report