UK: Heinz names UK sauces marketing director
Heinz has named a marketing director to oversee the promotion of its sauces business in the UK.
The food group has appointed former Northern Foods executive Adrian Mooney to the position, in which he will handle the marketing of brands including the iconic tomato ketchup and Lea & Perrins.
Mooney, who worked at marketing Northern Foods' pizza brand Goodfella's, has also held marketing roles at Remington and Tate & Lyle.
"Adrian's experience of managing and growing top brands will be invaluable as we continue to execute our ambitious plans for sauces," said Heinz chief marketing officer Suzanne Douglas.
"Heinz is at the forefront of this long-established, growing grocery sector with key innovations such as the Top Down plastic bottle and 'reduced sugar and salt' and 'organic' varieties."
The issues that dominated the food industry last year - the enviornment and obesity - are likely to be high on the agenda as we head through 2008. But will the continuing rise in commodity costs lead ...
Christmas is a time for lists, lists and more lists. As we near the end of 2007, it seems an ideal time for just-food to create one of its own and detail who we think has thrived - and who has suffere...
Nelson Peltz, the billionaire investor, has once again set his sights on Cadbury Schweppes, the world's largest confectioner. After last year's food fight with Heinz, what does Peltz's fresh investmen...
Research published by the pressure group, Consensus Action on Salt and Health (CASH), has shown that many foods eaten by children in the UK still contain large amounts of salt, in some cases more than...
Germany-based retailer Rewe has appointed Armin Rehberg to take charge of its discount business....
Growing sales from its chilled business has again boosted quarterly revenue at Northern Foods, the UK food group....
Northern Foods said today (11 January) that its acquisition of a soup manufacturing plant from Baxters Food Group would improve its production footprint in the UK....
Northern Foods, the UK food group, has bought a soup manufacturing plant from Baxters Food Group for an undisclosed sum....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review