USA: Heinz plant doubles length of season layoff
Workers at the Heinz Frozen Food plant in Pocatello, Idaho, are to have a four-week seasonal layoff instead of the usual two weeks, and so will be idle until 6 May. The plant's 400 workers, who make entrees including Boston Market, Weight Watchers and Hot Bites snacks, have been off since 8 April and are now due to return to work 6 May.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund