USA: Heinz reports third quarter earnings
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) yesterday announced third-quarter core earnings of $227.4 million, or $0.65 per diluted share, on sales of $2.27 billion for the period ending January 31, 2001, versus $0.63 per share in the year-earlier quarter, in line with its March 5 outlook. Reported net income was $270.5 million, or $0.77 per share versus $171.1 million, or $0.47 per share, last year. (Note: Core earnings exclude special items, as set out in the attached table.) Sales for the third quarter improved 3.7% on a constant currency basis and declined 1.1% on a reported basis, compared with the same period last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations