USA: Heinz reports third quarter earnings
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) yesterday announced third-quarter core earnings of $227.4 million, or $0.65 per diluted share, on sales of $2.27 billion for the period ending January 31, 2001, versus $0.63 per share in the year-earlier quarter, in line with its March 5 outlook. Reported net income was $270.5 million, or $0.77 per share versus $171.1 million, or $0.47 per share, last year. (Note: Core earnings exclude special items, as set out in the attached table.) Sales for the third quarter improved 3.7% on a constant currency basis and declined 1.1% on a reported basis, compared with the same period last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review