USA: Heinz - saucy success, but the rest is weaker - COMMENT
Heinz is launching two new advertising campaigns. Sales of Heinz Ketchup and Heinz Salad Cream really took off last year. Now the two products are in for a new round of marketing investment, aimed at prolonging this growth. This is good news for the brands - but the company as a whole is in a weaker position. Despite restructuring efforts, Heinz still has a lot of products that will be much harder to differentiate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth