USA: Heinz subsidiary signs infant formula licence with Martek
Heinz Wattie's Ltd, a subsidiary of US branded food giant HJ Heinz Co, has signed a non-exclusive licence agreement with Martek Biosciences Corporation (MBC) on its technology relating to the use of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in infant formula. The agreement provides for initial cash payments and would give Martek an ongoing royalty upon Heinz's introduction of products using Martek's technology for docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (ARA).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe