USA: Heinz takes organic ketchup to US shoppers
For some time, Heinz organic ketchup has been available to consumers in Europe and Canada, and now the product is set to hit US shelves. Heinz Organic Ketchup should be available for purchase in US supermarkets nationwide by the end of the summer, the company said. Sales of organic ketchup in the US are currently worth about US$600,000, compared with an overall ketchup market worth around US$500m. Organic ketchup currently retails under specialty brands such as Muir Glen, Walnut Acres and the labels of organic grocers such as Whole Foods Market Inc.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast