USA: Heinz takes organic ketchup to US shoppers
For some time, Heinz organic ketchup has been available to consumers in Europe and Canada, and now the product is set to hit US shelves. Heinz Organic Ketchup should be available for purchase in US supermarkets nationwide by the end of the summer, the company said. Sales of organic ketchup in the US are currently worth about US$600,000, compared with an overall ketchup market worth around US$500m. Organic ketchup currently retails under specialty brands such as Muir Glen, Walnut Acres and the labels of organic grocers such as Whole Foods Market Inc.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs