CHINA: Heinz to build Sanshui baby food facility
Heinz's project is scheduled to begin before the end of the year
Heinz has signed an investment agreement with the government of the Sanshui district in the Chinese city of Foshan for the construction of a baby food manufacturing base.
Construction of the project is scheduled to begin before the end of the year, a spokesperson told just-food today (25 April).
"The new 80,000 square metre facility will expand Heinz's fast-growing infant nutrition business in China, a key emerging market for the company," the spokesperson said. "Heinz is taking this step to optimise our dynamic growth in China, a market with accelerating demand for high-quality infant nutrition products."
The factory is expected to commence production in 2014.
In 2010, the company invested US$165m in the acquisition of Guangzhou-headquartered Foodstar (China) Investments Co, boosting its presence in the Chinese-style condiment market.
Last week, Nestle agreed a deal to acquire the infant nutrition business of US pharmaceuticals group Pfizer for US$11.85bn, a deal that could bolster Nestle's presence in China.
More to follow.......
Swiss food giant has revealed that it plans to double the number of research and development facilities it operates in China from two to four next year. ...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Briefing: The emergence of gluten-free in Spain
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017