CHINA: Heinz to build Sanshui baby food facility
Heinz's project is scheduled to begin before the end of the year
Heinz has signed an investment agreement with the government of the Sanshui district in the Chinese city of Foshan for the construction of a baby food manufacturing base.
Construction of the project is scheduled to begin before the end of the year, a spokesperson told just-food today (25 April).
"The new 80,000 square metre facility will expand Heinz's fast-growing infant nutrition business in China, a key emerging market for the company," the spokesperson said. "Heinz is taking this step to optimise our dynamic growth in China, a market with accelerating demand for high-quality infant nutrition products."
The factory is expected to commence production in 2014.
In 2010, the company invested US$165m in the acquisition of Guangzhou-headquartered Foodstar (China) Investments Co, boosting its presence in the Chinese-style condiment market.
Last week, Nestle agreed a deal to acquire the infant nutrition business of US pharmaceuticals group Pfizer for US$11.85bn, a deal that could bolster Nestle's presence in China.
More to follow.......
Swiss food giant has revealed that it plans to double the number of research and development facilities it operates in China from two to four next year. ...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Findus: "No sale process underway" in UK
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Hovis CFO Michael Kennedy exits
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019