CHINA: Heinz to build Sanshui baby food facility
Heinz's project is scheduled to begin before the end of the year
Heinz has signed an investment agreement with the government of the Sanshui district in the Chinese city of Foshan for the construction of a baby food manufacturing base.
Construction of the project is scheduled to begin before the end of the year, a spokesperson told just-food today (25 April).
"The new 80,000 square metre facility will expand Heinz's fast-growing infant nutrition business in China, a key emerging market for the company," the spokesperson said. "Heinz is taking this step to optimise our dynamic growth in China, a market with accelerating demand for high-quality infant nutrition products."
The factory is expected to commence production in 2014.
In 2010, the company invested US$165m in the acquisition of Guangzhou-headquartered Foodstar (China) Investments Co, boosting its presence in the Chinese-style condiment market.
Last week, Nestle agreed a deal to acquire the infant nutrition business of US pharmaceuticals group Pfizer for US$11.85bn, a deal that could bolster Nestle's presence in China.
More to follow.......
Swiss food giant has revealed that it plans to double the number of research and development facilities it operates in China from two to four next year. ...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report