Heinz to cut 71 jobs at UK plant
Heinz's Kitt Green plant is undergoing a restructure
US food giant Heinz has confirmed 71 jobs are to go at its Kitt Green site in the UK.
The baked beans factory near Wigan is undergoing a restructure, with some of the current processes being automated.
"As part of our on-going drive to increase competitiveness and improve our efficiency we are investing in projects to automate the movement of finished goods from the production line and also to further optimise our can making operations and ways of working," a spokesperson told just-food.
"In parallel we also recently secured funding for a number of voluntary redundancies for non-management operations employees as well as factory based non-management distribution centre employees. This has resulted in a reduction of 71 roles through voluntary redundancy at the site."
The company plans to maintain its focus on the foodservice channel, working on its alliances with large consumer foodservice operators throughout Mexico....
Kraft Heinz was established in July 2015 following the formal approval by shareholders of Heinz and Kraft to merge the two companies, as announced in March 2015....
Heinz Wattie’s Ltd is expected to maintain its strong position in packaged food by leading new product development, with a key focus on domestically sourced and produced products....
Following its acquisition of HJ Heinz in June 2013, 3G Capital fundamentally reshaped the US packaged food landscape in March 2015, when it announced that it was merging with Kraft Foods Group....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- UK yogurt makers call for added sugar "clarity"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review