USA: Heinz to expand its US and Canadian businesses with acquisition of Borden's pasta sauce, dry soup and bouillon lines
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) yesterday announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Borden Foods Corporation's pasta sauce and dry bouillon and soup businesses, whose U.S. and Canadian annual sales total more than $270 million. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Under the transaction, Heinz will acquire popular brands, such as Classico® pasta sauces, Aunt Millie's® pasta sauce, Mrs. Grass® Recipe soups and Wyler's® bouillons and soups. Heinz also will acquire the Catelli®, Gattuso® (under license) and Bravo® pasta sauce brands, which are Canadian favorites.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review