USA: Heinz to expand its US and Canadian businesses with acquisition of Borden's pasta sauce, dry soup and bouillon lines
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) yesterday announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Borden Foods Corporation's pasta sauce and dry bouillon and soup businesses, whose U.S. and Canadian annual sales total more than $270 million. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Under the transaction, Heinz will acquire popular brands, such as Classico® pasta sauces, Aunt Millie's® pasta sauce, Mrs. Grass® Recipe soups and Wyler's® bouillons and soups. Heinz also will acquire the Catelli®, Gattuso® (under license) and Bravo® pasta sauce brands, which are Canadian favorites.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant