USA: Heinz to expand its US and Canadian businesses with acquisition of Borden's pasta sauce, dry soup and bouillon lines
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) yesterday announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Borden Foods Corporation's pasta sauce and dry bouillon and soup businesses, whose U.S. and Canadian annual sales total more than $270 million. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Under the transaction, Heinz will acquire popular brands, such as Classico® pasta sauces, Aunt Millie's® pasta sauce, Mrs. Grass® Recipe soups and Wyler's® bouillons and soups. Heinz also will acquire the Catelli®, Gattuso® (under license) and Bravo® pasta sauce brands, which are Canadian favorites.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre