USA: Heinz to expand its US and Canadian businesses with acquisition of Borden's pasta sauce, dry soup and bouillon lines
H. J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ) yesterday announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Borden Foods Corporation's pasta sauce and dry bouillon and soup businesses, whose U.S. and Canadian annual sales total more than $270 million. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Under the transaction, Heinz will acquire popular brands, such as Classico® pasta sauces, Aunt Millie's® pasta sauce, Mrs. Grass® Recipe soups and Wyler's® bouillons and soups. Heinz also will acquire the Catelli®, Gattuso® (under license) and Bravo® pasta sauce brands, which are Canadian favorites.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti