USA: Heinz to Participate in New, Global E-Commerce Enterprise
H. J. Heinz Company today announced that it is joining 48 other consumer packaged goods companies as an equity participant in Transora, a revolutionary business-to-business e-commerce enterprise launched today.Transora is the first and largest e-market initiative by food, beverage and consumer product goods (CPG) manufacturers, representing more than $500 billion in annual sales or close to 40 percent of the $1.3 trillion global consumer product industry. It is a global, independent "dot-com" enterprise funded and owned by participating CPG companies and certain key partners. As a part owner of Transora, Heinz will participate in a new open, standards-based e-market for the CPG industry, similar to the e-market formed by leading automobile manufacturers."Heinz is proud to participate in the formation of this transformative electronic marketplace," said William R. Johnson, president and chief executive officer of the H. J. Heinz Company. "Transora will deliver breakthrough value to our company and other participants by establishing consistent industry-wide e-commerce solutions and standards for a broad range of transactions among customers and suppliers."Mr. Johnson explained that Transora will construct a global business-to-business e-marketplace that will generate significant efficiencies in purchasing as well as reduced cost for implementation and ongoing operation of e-commerce activities. "Instead of having to develop different standards and platforms for every supplier, Heinz will be able to conduct e-commerce activities through a single exchange," he noted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020