USA: Heinz to Participate in New, Global E-Commerce Enterprise
H. J. Heinz Company today announced that it is joining 48 other consumer packaged goods companies as an equity participant in Transora, a revolutionary business-to-business e-commerce enterprise launched today.Transora is the first and largest e-market initiative by food, beverage and consumer product goods (CPG) manufacturers, representing more than $500 billion in annual sales or close to 40 percent of the $1.3 trillion global consumer product industry. It is a global, independent "dot-com" enterprise funded and owned by participating CPG companies and certain key partners. As a part owner of Transora, Heinz will participate in a new open, standards-based e-market for the CPG industry, similar to the e-market formed by leading automobile manufacturers."Heinz is proud to participate in the formation of this transformative electronic marketplace," said William R. Johnson, president and chief executive officer of the H. J. Heinz Company. "Transora will deliver breakthrough value to our company and other participants by establishing consistent industry-wide e-commerce solutions and standards for a broad range of transactions among customers and suppliers."Mr. Johnson explained that Transora will construct a global business-to-business e-marketplace that will generate significant efficiencies in purchasing as well as reduced cost for implementation and ongoing operation of e-commerce activities. "Instead of having to develop different standards and platforms for every supplier, Heinz will be able to conduct e-commerce activities through a single exchange," he noted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review