USA: Heinz to Purchase Additional Equity in Hain Celestial to Restore Investment Level to 19.5 Percent
H. J. Heinz Company today announced its intention to execute its preemptive right to purchase by June 19, 2000 additional equity in The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., formerly The Hain Food Group, Inc., to restore Heinz's investment level to 19.5% of the outstanding stock of Hain. The Heinz investment level was diluted following the acquisition by Hain of Celestial Seasonings on May 30, 2000. Under the terms of the agreed contractual price, the shares will be purchased at $30.88 for an approximate $80 million additional investment.Heinz and Hain together have a global strategic alliance to develop in the very dynamic and fast-growing natural and organic segment of the food industry."We are delighted with our global partnership with Hain Celestial, which is the leading player in the natural and organic segment. Like Heinz, Hain Celestial possesses some of the premier brands in the food industry," noted William R. Johnson, Heinz President and Chief Executive Officer.Editors Note: See news release issued by Heinz and Hain on September 27, 1999 via PRNewswire.ABOUT HEINZ: With sales over US$9 billion, H. J. Heinz Company is one of the world's leading marketers of branded foods to supermarkets and away-from- home eating establishments. Its 50 companies operate in some 200 countries, offering more than 57 hundred varieties. Among the company's famous brands are Heinz, StarKist, Ore-Ida, 9-Lives, Weight Watchers, Wattie's, Plasmon, Farley's, Smart Ones, The Budget Gourmet, Linda McCartney, San Marco, Go Ahead!, Bagel Bites, John West, Petit Navire, Boston Market, Skippy, Kibbles 'n Bits, Pounce, Wagwells, Nature's Recipe, Orlando, ABC, Olivine and Pudliszki. Information on Heinz is available at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report